Refreshing change - my vision of what wedding is...

Today is a great day for me.. I met up 2 couples that met me for first time, and had a great time shopping with my bride and her Korean hubby. Simply interacting with these 3 couples, I felt an excitement even planning for their wedding...

In the past, I was always quick to accept deals, tried to close as many deals as fast as I could, saying yes to all my couples' requests, and be willing to compromise as much even to the very principles I held on to. But I had soon realised that that was a wrong step in business. After all, business is not all abt closing deals, it is about running a profitable business that you are passionately excited abt, and satisfying clients who trust your expertise and appreciate your works.

Today, I received the most compliments I found within a day.. The first couple walked in, written a brief for me how they wanted their wedding to be. I was really impressed.. this is my first couple that took the efforts to write me a brief.. and at the end of the day, my bride said "Hannah, we really hope you could do our wedding, I am sorry we got our dates confused, pls update me soon how you can help us."Simply just talking to this couple makes me happy.. A Swedish Italian and a unconventional Singaporean, lots of humour and fun just listening to them. Oh how I want to design this wedding..

Next, I met another local couple. Have never met them, but they were ready to sign up with me.. I hesitated and advised them to view my works first, after all choosing a planner is all about believing in their works, and having a connection with whoever you engage.
At the end of the discussion, my bride simply said : Hannah, we are very comfortable with you, we hope you are comfortable with us, and we are ready to sign up with you...

On my way back, I felt an inner peace, God, this company is truly a Heaven's Gift for me.. Over the past 3 years, I have grown to believe in myself for the works I have created.. I have also learnt that choosing your clients is important to a business.. it's better to work with people who are excited abt their wedding, willing to explore with you, and believing in our works, and simply learning to enjoy and have fun thruout the entire planning process.

This is what wedding is all about : Celebrations, celebrations, celebrations. Weddings is never abt making sure everything goes smoothly, it is not about ensuring you get the best deals out from every suppliers, it is not about making it a showcase for all to see, it is not about doing it for the sake you have to.. But rather it is an occasion to celebrate your union with the one you love, to celebrate with your families and friends whom you enjoy to be with, and to be blessed with those who want to bless you and be a part of this celebration...
This is how I feel about real weddings...and I aspire to share this vision with many.

Comments

Popular Posts