An unexpected email from my bride....

I was just checking email on my off day.. and I received an unexpected email that ends my today with great joy...
"Hannah...I've been looking at the wedding slideshow that Kuang made for us over and over again. I am reliving the wedding days. It has not been that long ago...just over a month...but I am already nostalgic. Looking at the pictures, some of the stress of the day comes back and so does the feeling of joy and fun we had throughout the events. It is only now sinking in - SO MANY people took the time to come to our wedding and give us their wishes. We are truly blessed. And the wedding would not have been possible without all your effort and commitment. It would have been impossible to find someone else to manage the wedding better than you did. I feel like getting married to Lois all over again. If that does happen, it goes without saying, you will be our wedding planner. :)" Nisha (my bride from the Indian wedding I planned this July)

It is so strange, this morning, her aunt just called me to assist one of the relatives for the coming Sat wedding requesting help, and now receiving an email from Nisha, did bring such joy that ends my today perfectly well...
Now looking back, I am so glad I took up this wedding...It was my first Indian wedding, and it changed my perspective of Indian weddings far from what I have been hearing. I heard so much horror stories from the industry about planning Indian weddings - poor payments, lots of demands, unfriendly relations etc etc.. yet my first Indian wedding has been a blessing to me...

I still remembered when Nisha first came to me, she was panicking with the last minutes details she had to look into it, and she never stopped sharing how much she loved our works.. I could still recalled telling her, can I meet your family first, to see what they are looking for.. (behind my mind, I was cautious having heard so much stories). Eventually, I took up the wedding, trusting that God has a purpose for me for every event. And I have never met such a generous family, who spent time, thoughts and efforts to ensure all the guests were well taken care of, from their accommodation, to transportation, to all special F&B arrangements (even their day to day diet, not forgetting an Indian wedding lasts a week), to even organising daily islands trips for all the overseas guests. I am just amazed.

The family trusted us more than I could ever imagined... I still remembered couple of times, Nisha uncle actually told his PA and some suppliers "You need to be able to work with our planner, Hannah. If she's not comfortable, we will review the arrangement. At the end of the day, she is the one directing the event" (I paraphrased the last sentence).

Honestly, to be able to receive such approval is an unexpected grace that the family has shown me. I don't claim to be the planner that knows it all, yet to be given such freedom and trust enables my team and I to express our works even more beautifully than what we can think of..We created an Indian wedding with a modern European twist. I suppose faith begets faith.. When someone trust you, you somehow shine under those wings of love. Once again, I love what I can get to do : Turning someone's dream into a reality...through the grace of my couples and by my beloved Father in Heaven.
P.S. Nisha & Lois, allow me to share your beautiful moments..

Comments

Popular Posts