The Y Generation that amazes me...

A week ago, I wrote about my dream for Generation Y, and these 2 days, I am inspired much by Generation Y. I came back from a farewell party 2 days ago. It was the party to send off Charissa (one of my ex-interns /youths) to London for her pursuit in fashion design studies. And I was very impressed and touched by every item that was presented on that day. She has learnt well and she is a very very creative lady... the overall decor, the table settings and the favours were pretty, simple and chic, and it's very her...

And we have one amazing cake chef among us, Joey, who created this Mickey Minnie Castle for her.. and it's all handmade.. and it's unbelievable. Charissa's dress was sewn by her friend, some of her gifts were handmade, including the bouquet she was carrying.. and the presentation performances by her friends were touching and creatively scripted..

Today, I came back from another dinner party for leaders, where some of our kids and youth performed an item b4 all leaders. It was one performance I initiated to be "The Producer", and yet I have to be honest, other than me guiding the youth in terms of the theme for the script, getting control in terms of logistics & overall planning, the rest of the works from the script, the dance, the props, were crafted by our youths. And it was one professional and creative performance.

I came back very recharged, very refreshed, very inspired as much as I was very very tired.. having to dance so much with the youths, knowing I am at least 2 times if not more, older than them. This is the Y Generation of my dream. I long to see the future history makers, fashion trends makers, and most of all, leaders of the next generation. I am thankful that God gives me a chance to be a part of this legacy, and it causes me to rethink my long term goal in life.. Yes, being able to lead and see how lives are transformed is the greatest privilege. and I don't want to lose the passion to continue to do that.

Comments

Popular Posts