What will your wedding be liked?

This month is so special, I have 3 weddings to attend, and all are industry friends. One at Bandung for a dear ex-staff of ours, another a hotelier director, and next will be a wedding buddy and partner whom we have grown together since the day we have both started our businesses. I look forward attending each one of them, as the emotions are very special.

Last night at the wedding, someone asked me : "So Hannah, what will your wedding be liked? Any dream wedding in mind? I think your wedding will be...." It is always very interesting to be asked of such questions. Everyone seems to think my wedding will be the wedding of the year... and only those who know me will truly know what's really in my heart.

Honestly, before I started the wedding business, I wished my wedding would be liken the old TV series - The Love Boat, where all our friends and ourselves could sail away for a few days to celebrate. In those days, I hated to wait for weddings to start, always wondered why guests were so late for weddings, so I told my family at my young age : when it is my wedding, we will sail away on time and no one should be late. That was why the Love Boat came to mind. Ya, I was that naive...

Today after been in this business in our 9th year of operations, my thinking becomes simple. What really matters is not the wedding details (as much as I am a planner who pays much attention to details), what matters is when I walk down the aisle, I am certain I am marrying the right man, one whom I think we could be soul mates and companions for the rest of our lives. I was always joking to my friends and those whom have asked me the questions about my wedding : yes, I must have 21 pairs of flowers girls and page boys walking down with me, it will be the longest bridal processional ever, because I want myself and my partner to be sure it is really the right decision, for it has been a long awaited journey for both of us....

Comments

Popular Posts