2013 - A year of Life and Love, Health & Happiness.

2012 went by so fast, and looking back, it has been a very unpredictable year. Somehow the industry as a whole seemed to encounter challenges, experienced many changes and evoked a mixed of emotions for the coming year 2013. Many of us were pushed to make changes, reviewed our milestones and reset new ones.

For us at Heaven's Gift, we have experienced an unexpected and unplanned journey. The year started with key projects and much travel. And before I knew it, we were invited to recreate new trends on how wedding shows should be done. It was a year filled with bridal shows, more than we ever have imagined to create. But the greatest unexpected step we took was the launch of our second brand - Celebrate Heaven, a one-stop online stop for weddings and party products catered to assist couples to create their weddings and parties at an affordable price. Eventually, the year ended with what we love most - creating one-of a kind weddings we always dream to have. And I am sincerely thankful for those couples who came along our lives and willing to embrace the vision we set for each of them. 2012 was a year of ups and downs, but looking back, it was a year of many pleasant surprises.

Reading the news about 2013, I refuse to believe what the economists projected for this year. Many have claimed that 2013 will be a slow down for consumers and businesses. And I was reminded that this year could be likened to what we had gone thru in 2009/2010. It could be a year of sifting, a year of refining or it could be a year of readiness and conquest.

This year marks the 10th year anniversary of Heaven's Gift. The number 10 always represent completeness and order. I somehow was reminded that all these past years of hard work was to reinforce the very principles I hold on dearly as an entrepreneur. But besides just being an entrepreneur, I felt a tug in my heart asking : Hannah, what's your life goal for the next 10 years... was it merely for business?

The question was real, and is close to my heart. Life is more than just business. Tho I am thankful for all the learnings to make me the business woman and artist I am today, life definitely has more meaning than these alone.

What do I really hope to see in the next 10 years?? These are my thoughts, and Lord, pls guide me.
- To impart the right attributes and principles of entrepreneurship to the next generation. Just as my bosses have taught me well, I hope to be able to do that as well, not just in mere words/trainings, but be a living example.
- To spend more time creating beautiful moments for those I love. As a special events planner, I have spent my last decade creating special moments for my couples, and at times neglected the very people at home whom have released me to do what I do today. At the end of the day, what is close to our hearts is our loved ones and families.
- To care for the needy. It is always a privilege to serve the rich, and we are grateful to be given the opportunity for that. But my heart cried out to the poor. During last Dec outreach, when I saw that there were still many Singaporeans who were really poor and could not even feed their households, I was humbled again to be reminded - be contented, but be evermore compassionate, don't let the daily affairs of your life cause you to forget the poor.
- Finally, I want to laugh as much as I can, to love as long as I live. The greatest joy of a human race is to find life, love, health and happiness.

2013 - I can't wait to write the conclusion of this year experiences.... let it come at the right pace, let me experience the destined place.

Comments

Popular Posts